Recently I got into making chocolatey treats for a few gatherings. I made strawberry shortcake kebabs (delicious and easy)…
… chocolate covered strawberries (much better than my poor photography would suggest)…
… and white-chocolate-crasin cookies (no photo ‘cause they got eaten too quickly).
But there was one chocolate creation that went terribly wrong: chocolate-dipped s’mores. See, they were supposed to look this gorgeous and taste even better.
Instead I got these.
Things started out fine. I put chocolate on some grahams, put marshmallows on some other grahams, and melted them in the oven. Easy, right?
Well all three “easy” ingredients failed me. The chocolate melted much more slowly than the marshmallows, which were far too large anyway for the crackers, which scorched something terrible. The end result was a burnt s’more with overflowing marshmallow and hard chocolate chunks. They went in the trash long before I could dip them in a cute little chocolate coating.
If I ever give these another go I’m sure they would turn out better. We’ll see if I ever get around to it.